Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Photoshop Mixer Brush

I played a bit with the new brush tools in Photoshop CS5 today. The mixer brush tool picks up color from the area you are "painting" in, and sorts of mixes and spreads it about with the color you have your brush set to. It is a pale imitation of the color mixing and brush capabilities of Painter, so I can't imagine myself using this in Photoshop. But if I didn't have Painter, I can see how the careful use of the mixer brush could add a new dimension to coloring in Photoshop. These are two different versions of the same thing -- a painted-over version of a photo. The light one is the original painted version and the dark one is tweaked for color. As always, click on the image to see a bigger one.

Way Out West, dark
Way Out West, light

No comments: