Monday, January 08, 2007

Rusty


I got some new paints a few days ago. I was getting tired of carefully mixing acylics to get a liquid consistency (which never worked so well anyway) so I tried out some liquid acrylics. I love the little bottles they come in, and the consistency of the paint is perfect, but it's all too translucent for the way I paint. So then I decided to try using it on paper, as an alternative to ink, and I am pleased so far. I need to vastly improve my brushwork, but I love the shiny glowing effect this kind of paint has when painted on a bright white paper. I grabbed a drawing I had made some weeks before but not bothered to color, and in about 20 minutes I had this robot. My new paint didn't come with a black or white, so I am experimenting with robots in color.


No comments: